The plough, Halasana (hala = plough), is performed right after the shoulderstand. It provides an excellent stretch of the entire spine and back muscles.
- From the shoulderstand, slowly bring your legs down behind the head.
- If your feet touch the ground, straighten your legs and tuck your toes under.
- Interlock your fingers.
- Bring your arms stretched on the mat.
- Hold for 1 min. using a deep abdominal breath.
- Stretches the back and the spine.
- Prevents the compression of the vertebrae.
- Free the neck and trapezius from nervous and muscular tensions.
- Stimulates and balances the adrenal glands.
- Stimulates the digestive system.
- Be very careful in case you have a slipped disc or a problem with the cervical vertebrae.