The Locust pose, Salabhasana (salabha = locust), is a powerful back bend to strengthen the entire lower back.
- Laid down on the abdomen, bring the arms stretched under the body and join the hands.
- Legs together, buttocks contracted, lift the legs.
- Hold the posture between 5 to 10 breaths.
- Strengthen the lumbar region, the spinal erectors and the buttocks.
- Stretches the throat and the neck.
- Stimulates the organs of digestion.
- Stimulates the adrenals and the gonads.
- Prevent constipation.
- Slipped disc
- Back or neck injury