Crow-Kakasana : The Crow pose, Kakasana (kaka = crow), is a basic and yet powerful balancing posture in Hatha Yoga. It allows to strengthen the entire upper part of the body and to develop self confidence. When the practitioner is able to perform this asana correctly, he can then approach a wide variety of more advanced arm balancing postures.
- Crouching, put your hands flat on the mat, width of the shoulder, fingers apart.
- Move aside your elbows and bring your knees on the elbows.
- Slowly, transfer the body weight forward until the toes lift by themselves.
- Once in the posture, bring the toes together.
- Hold the pose for 5 breaths.
- Reinforce the wrists, arms, shoulders and abdomen.
- Develops self confidence.
- Stimulates the neuronal connections with the areas of the brain which are handling the equilibrium (cerebellum).
- Pain in the wrists