The Cobra, Bhujangasana (Bhujanga = serpent), is an excellent back bend to open the chest and strengthen the upper back.
- Laid down on your belly. Hands flat under your shoulders. Elbows pressed against the ribs. Legs together.
- Lift your head then the upper back. Contract the buttocks to protect the lower back.
- Full yogic breath.
- Strengthen the spine and back muscles.
- Stretches the chest, shoulders and abdomen.
- Tones up the buttocks muscles.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Stimulates and balances the adrenals.
- Be careful if you have back problems.