The Bow pose, Dhanurasana (dhanu = bow), is one of the most complete back bend as it works on the upper back and the lower back.
- Laid down on the abdomen. Grab your ankles.
- Lift the head, chest and knees. Look up.
- Hold for 5-10 full yogic breaths.
- You can finish with the dynamic bow, rolling forward and backward to stimulate the internal organs in the abdomen.
- Leave the posture and rest in the child pose.
- Stretches all the back muscles, the spine, the shoulders, the knee joints and the thighs.
- Opens the rib cage, shoulders, abdomen and pelvis.
- Tones up the thighs muscles and buttocks.
- Stimulates digestion and prevents constipation.
- Stimulates the adrenals, the gonads and the thymus.
- Slipped disc
- Back injury