Abdomen Cleansing By Fire
Agni Sara Dhauti (Agni = Fire, Sara = Cascade, Dhauti = Purification), is a very efficient technique to increase the digestive fire and also to purify and awaken the energy potential in the abdomen. The technique consists in a series of rapid abdominal movements while holding the breath on empty lungs. It is necessary to master Uddiyana Bandha to be able to perform Agni Sara.
Agni Sara can be practiced either in a standing or sitting posture. It is easier to learn it standing.
- Exhale completely (as in Simhasana, the Lion)
- Hold the breath on empty lungs.
- Hands on knees, knees bent, torso leaning forward, chin against the sternum.
- Pull the abdomen in using the sucking effect induced by the retention on empty lung (Uddiyana Bandha).
- Push out and pull in the abdomen in successive movements, first slowly and then gradually increasing the speed.
- Release the abdomen.
- Slowly come back up.
- Breath again.
- Repeat up to 3 times.
- Do not wait until the last moment to breath again otherwise you may cough.
- If dizziness occurs, do not insist.
- This technique should be practiced on a stomach completely empty.
- Powerful tonic for the abdominal organs.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Eliminates constipation.
- Stimulates oxygenation of the cells.
- Stimulates elimination of carbonic dioxide and other gaseous wastes.
- Clears the solar plexus from all kinds of tension and blockage (physical and emotional)
- Stomach ulcer
- Abdomen injury
- Hypertension or hypotension
- Cardiac problems